We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Accountant who is excited to learn and be an integral member of the Finance team. The core aspect of the role will be managing the end to end of the accounts payable and receivable processes, bank reconciliation, along with month-end tasks and responsibilities. This is a chance to join a leading property lifestyle group who pride ourselves on the client experience.
You will build strong relationships with internal stakeholders across the business to ensure excellent customer service and deadlines are met.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accurate processing of vendor invoices on daily basis and payment by the due dates.
- Accurate processing of debtor invoices on daily basis and ensure collection of revenue.
- Bank reconciliations on daily basis.
- Monthly creditor/vendor statement reconciliations as part of month end tasks with prompt follow up on outstanding invoices not yet received.
- Monthly aged creditors and debtors reconciliations and reports as part of month end tasks.
- Support 2 accountants on daily basis with ad-hoc duties.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure invoices and statements are received in accordance with deadlines.
- Assist wider finance team members (eg. CFO, Financial Controller, Trust Accounting team) with tasks and projects as required.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor of Commerce (major in Accounting)
- Minimum 6 months of accounts payable and receivable experience including invoice processing, payments and GST knowledge
- Proven ability to produce high quality work with a meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Task and deadline orientated
- A team player who is willing to learn and be open-minded
- Adaptable with the ability to use your initiative
- Medium level Excel skills
- Experience with MYOB Advanced would be desirable
- An alignment with our core values of Togetherness, Wise Judgement, Excellence, Courage, Honesty and Humility
What we offer you;
- A competitive remuneration package
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- A supportive and positive team environment and inclusive company culture
If this sounds like the opportunity for you and you would like to be part of a growing and innovative brand, we would love to hear from you. Alternatively you can call Katharine in the People and Culture team on 0422 785 714.
From different places and with different backgrounds, our team are all here to bring homes to life.
Careers with BresicWhitney
For people considering a career at BresicWhitney – we welcome new conversation, open communication and real engagement.Find out more